While many companies are contributing to the battle against the pandemic, Deep Tech startups are trying to overcome scientific challenges to help with prevention, testing or treatment in novel and scalable ways.
This event brings together investors who have backed dozens of relevant startups, to get a sense of:
- The variety of solutions being developed,
- Their potential outcomes,
- The broader role and opportunities of deep tech investment.
- Seth Bannon, Founding Partner, Fifty Years
- Jun Axup, PhD, Chief Science Officer & Partner, IndieBio / SOSV
- Alex Morgan, MD PhD, Partner, Khosla Ventures
- Julie Wolf, PhD, Communications Director, IndieBio / SOSV
- Benjamin Joffe, Partner, SOSV
- Fifty Years: www.fifty.vc/covid
- SOSV: www.sosv.com/covid-startups/
- Khosla Ventures: www.khoslaventures.com/khosla-ventures-entrepreneurs-are-responding-with-amazing-diversity-to-covid-19-solutions-for-societys-needs
ABOUT FIFTY YEARS
Fifty Years is a $50m early stage VC firm based in San Francisco. They back companies that inspire and could be both massively profitable and make a serious dent in achieving one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
SOSV (www.sosv.com) is a global early stage fund with over $700m AUM focused on deep tech. SOSV runs multiple accelerator programs including HAX (www.hax.co - intelligent hardware) and IndieBio (www.indiebio.co - life sciences). It funded over 1,000 startups in cellular agriculture (e.g. Memphis Meats, Clara Foods, Perfect Day), digital therapy devices (e.g. Sana, Flow Neuroscience), service robotics (e.g. Avidbots, Simbe Robotics, Youibot), and more.
ABOUT KHOSLA VENTURES
Khosla Ventures is an American VC firm founded by Vinod Khosla with over $5B AUM. It invests in early stage companies in the Internet, computing, mobile, silicon technology, biotechnology, healthcare and clean technology sectors.